- August 30, 2018 - We are sorry for the outage. We are working with the University IT team to restore the connection to the server that generates all of our data. We do not have an ETA for fixing it at this time given the upcoming holiday weekend.
- January 10, 2018 - We are working on issues with accounts where your settings are getting wiped out by other users (!!)
- January 10, 2018 - Also fixing satellite images. This will also allow us to switch to the new GOES-16 products
- January 3, 2018 - Fixed Theta-E Surface Chart
- January 1, 2018 - Fixed Trop Height and Thickness upper air charts.
- December 24, 2017 - Fixed issue on Alaska Wx By State Page (errors)
- December 24, 2017 - Mosaics Restored
- December 23, 2017 - FOUS Data Restored
- December 21, 2017
Numerous updates including:
- Improved GFS model to 0.25º resolution model and forecasts increased from 180 to 384 hours.
- Improved Rapid Refresh model offering: 20km resolution model out to 21 hours instead of 18
- Better queueing system to improve system performance and reduce likelihood of incomplete charts
- Restored Satellite/Surface Ob Charts for Gulf of Mexico and Caribbean
- Upgraded servers for improved performance and security
Overnight: showers likely, low in the lower 40s. Thursday: chance of showers, high in the upper 40s, wind northwest 7-12 m.p.h. Thursday night: cloudy, low in the mid 30s. Friday: chance of rain or snow showers, windy, high in the lower 40s, wind northwest 16-26 m.ph.
A low pressure system will move across the Great Lakes and the low will pull a cold front across Ohio on Thursday. The front will generate rain showers when it lifts the air. Northwesterly winds will transport colder air over the state after the front passes. A surface high pressure system over Canada will move southeast toward the Great Lakes on Friday. The high will push a secondary cold front across Ohio and the front could generate rain or snow showers when it lifts the air. Brisk northwesterly winds will keep the temperature below normal.
We are in the process of building our Tropical Weather Pages. These pages will feature valuable information issued by the National Hurricane Center, Satellite imagery, and more!Go to Tropical Weather
These pages feature links to textual products issued by the Storm Prediction Center and severe weather index charts. We will add model data geared specifically to forecasting for severe weather soon!Go to Severe Weather
Ohio State's Atmospheric Science and Climatology program equips students with the skills and knowledge to embark on careers in the National Weather Service, private weather industry, graduate school, and beyond.More about OSU's ASC Program