- February 21, 2018 - Model feed remains unstable. This is an external issue; we are processing all products we receive. All other data appears operational. Sorry for the inconvenience
- January 10, 2018 - We are working on issues with accounts where your settings are getting wiped out by other users (!!)
- January 10, 2018 - Also fixing satellite images. This will also allow us to switch to the new GOES-16 products
- January 3, 2018 - Fixed Theta-E Surface Chart
- January 1, 2018 - Fixed Trop Height and Thickness upper air charts.
- December 24, 2017 - Fixed issue on Alaska Wx By State Page (errors)
- December 24, 2017 - Mosaics Restored
- December 23, 2017 - FOUS Data Restored
- December 21, 2017
Numerous updates including:
- Improved GFS model to 0.25º resolution model and forecasts increased from 180 to 384 hours.
- Improved Rapid Refresh model offering: 20km resolution model out to 21 hours instead of 18
- Better queueing system to improve system performance and reduce likelihood of incomplete charts
- Restored Satellite/Surface Ob Charts for Gulf of Mexico and Caribbean
- Upgraded servers for improved performance and security
Overnight: rain showers, low in the mid 30s. Thursday: rain showers in the morning, cloudy in the afternoon, high in the lower 40s, wind northeast 10-16 m.p.h. Thursday night: cloudy, low in the upper 30s. Friday: rain showers, warmer, high in the upper 50s, wind south 11-17 m.p.h.
Clockwise flow around a surface high pressure system centered over Wisconsin is producing northeasterly winds which are transporting colder air over Ohio. Southwesterly winds are blowing a few thousand feet above the surface and those winds are transporting moist air from the Gulf of Mexico over the state. Rain showers are developing as the moist air rises over the denser air at the surface. The flow of moist air will shift south of Ohio on Thursday afternoon and the rain showers could end. The surface high will move east of the Great Lakes by Friday and southerly winds near the ground will start to bring warmer air back toward the north. The temperature could warm into the 50s on Friday afternoon. The warmer air will also rise over cooler denser air at the surface and rain showers could return by later on Friday.
We are in the process of building our Tropical Weather Pages. These pages will feature valuable information issued by the National Hurricane Center, Satellite imagery, and more!Go to Tropical Weather
These pages feature links to textual products issued by the Storm Prediction Center and severe weather index charts. We will add model data geared specifically to forecasting for severe weather soon!Go to Severe Weather
Ohio State's Atmospheric Science and Climatology program equips students with the skills and knowledge to embark on careers in the National Weather Service, private weather industry, graduate school, and beyond.More about OSU's ASC Program