- January 10, 2018 - We are working on issues with accounts where your settings are getting wiped out by other users (!!)
- January 10, 2018 - Also fixing satellite images. This will also allow us to switch to the new GOES-16 products
- January 3, 2018 - Fixed Theta-E Surface Chart
- January 1, 2018 - Fixed Trop Height and Thickness upper air charts.
- December 24, 2017 - Fixed issue on Alaska Wx By State Page (errors)
- December 24, 2017 - Mosaics Restored
- December 23, 2017 - FOUS Data Restored
- December 21, 2017
Numerous updates including:
- Improved GFS model to 0.25º resolution model and forecasts increased from 180 to 384 hours.
- Improved Rapid Refresh model offering: 20km resolution model out to 21 hours instead of 18
- Better queueing system to improve system performance and reduce likelihood of incomplete charts
- Restored Satellite/Surface Ob Charts for Gulf of Mexico and Caribbean
- Upgraded servers for improved performance and security
Overnight: cloudy, chance of flurries, low near 2. Wednesday: decreasing cloudiness, high near 20, wind southwest 5-10 m.p.h. Wednesday night: partly cloudy, low in the lower teens. Thursday: sunny, high near 30, wind southwest 10-16 m.p.h.
A large cold surface high pressure system is centered over Oklahoma. The high will move slowly eastward during the next few days. Clockwise flow around the high will produce southwesterly winds which will gradually transport warmer air toward Ohio. The maximum temperature could warm to 20 on Wednesday and to 30 on Thursday. The warming trend will continue through the end of the week.
We are in the process of building our Tropical Weather Pages. These pages will feature valuable information issued by the National Hurricane Center, Satellite imagery, and more!Go to Tropical Weather
These pages feature links to textual products issued by the Storm Prediction Center and severe weather index charts. We will add model data geared specifically to forecasting for severe weather soon!Go to Severe Weather
Ohio State's Atmospheric Science and Climatology program equips students with the skills and knowledge to embark on careers in the National Weather Service, private weather industry, graduate school, and beyond.More about OSU's ASC Program